• SideProject – led by me and Andrew Tider
- Follow me at Working Not Working
- BuzzFeed, NYC, Chief Creative Officer, 2012—2013
- Facebook, Menlo Park, Creative Strategist, 2011—2012
- BBDO, NYC, Creative Director (AT&T), 2010—2011
- R/GA, NYC, Associate Creative Director (Nike, Mastercard), 2008—2010
- Ground Zero, LA, Copywriter, 2006—2008
- Saatchi & Saatchi, NYC, Copywriter, 2001—2002
- Butler, Shine & Stern, SF, Copywriter, 1999—2001
- Saatchi & Saatchi, SF, Copywriter, 1998—1999
- DeVito/Verdi, NYC, Copywriter, 1997—1998
- Frankfurt/Balkind, NYC, Assistant Account Executive, then Copywriter, 1994—1997
- Live From the Apocalypse (Michael Moore’s upcoming TV show), Creative Contributor, NYC
- Droga5, NYC
- Wieden + Kennedy, Portland
- AKQA, NYC
- The Pop Up Agency, Berlin
- Anomaly, NYC
- kbsp+, NYC
- West, SF
- Havas, NYC
- Grey, NYC
- JWT, NYC
- Tribal DDB, NYC
- Razorfish, NYC
- 360i, NYC
- Silver + Partners, NYC
- BBH, NYC
- Berlin-Cameron, NYC
- BBDO, NYC
- Deutsch, NYC
- McGarry Bowen, NYC
- Cramer-Krasselt, Chicago
- Cliff Freeman & Partners, NYC (dating myself, aren’t I?)
Jobs before working as an ad Creative
- Advertising Account Guy: Held up at gun point. Had an epiphany. Switched to the creative side.
- Radio Announcer in London: Had to speak with a fake American accent, even though I’m American.
- Writer/Production Assistant – 92.7 WDRE NYC: Was supposed to answer phones, but sneaked into the studio and created some on-air promos. Luckily, the Program Director liked what he heard.
- Publicity Assistant at I.R.S. Records (The music label, not the tax guys): What the job lacked in money it made up for in backstage passes.
Pats on the Back
- Exhibited in The Brooklyn Museum
- Ranked 8th Most Creative Person In Social Media Marketing (whatever that means)
- Personal projects featured by: New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Guardian, ABC, NBC, CNN, New York Magazine, Fast Company, Time, Mashable, TechCrunch, BoingBoing, Gawker, YouTube’s front page, Reddit’s front page, and news outlets around the world.
- Cannes Short List
- One Show
- Communication Arts Annual
- London International Awards
- Art Directors Club Annual
- NY ADDY’s (Gold)
- Upcoming: DesignThinkers Conference, Toronto, CA
- Beyond Tellerrand, Berlin, Germany, 2016: Video
- Smashing Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 2015: Video
- Reasons to be Creative, Brighton, UK, 2015
- HOW Design Live, Chicago, 2015 & 2017: Audio / Post-Talk Video
- Offset, Dublin, Ireland, 2014: Video
- Social Media Week, NYC, 2013
- State University of New York at Buffalo
B.A. in Communication, Cum Laude
- North London University, UK
- School of Visual Arts, NYC
- Upright Citizens Brigade, NYC/LA
Studied sketch comedy writing and improv. This sharpened my writing and sped up my idea generation.
- Writing for the Colbert Report, NYC
This workshop held at the People’s Improv Theater was taught by the show’s head writer and helped develop my satirical writing skills.
Friends You Might like as much as i do
- Andy Tider: Creative partner, entrepreneur, good friend, somewhat of a good lookout when doing street graffiti.
- Chris Baker: Chris Baker loves Chris Baker. You should too.
- Ji Lee: My brother from an asian mother – and an incredible designer.
- Mike Lacher: Co-conspirator and collaborator.
- Hunter Fine: Partner in many crimes, including the Urban Traps (Hipster Traps)
- Brian Moore: Mild mannered brilliance. When drunk, not so mild mannered brilliance.
- Clarina Bezzola: Incredibly gifted performance artist.
- Joe Sabia: Accomplished maker of mischief and fun.
- Ivan Cash: Brings a wonderfully human touch to all his personal projects.
- Charlie Todd: Founder of Improv Everywhere and co-founder of our friendship.
- Justin Gignac: Personal Projects outshone only by his bowling skills.